The old wooden church in the village of Dilove is an architectural monument.
The first mention of the Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin dates back to 1750 in episcopal documents. Other archival church books state that the church was consecrated in 1767.
There is a popular version of the ancient origins of the church. According to a legend, there was a chapel in the Poderei tract. During a storm, lightning struck the chapel, so it burned to the ground, and its bell rolled down. A new church was built on the place where it stopped.
In the second half of the 1960s, a museum of local lore was opened in the church, which saved it from destruction. It is one of the few churches with a preserved original interior. The bell tower of the church by its architectural and artistic features occupies a prominent place among the most perfect works of Hutsul folk architecture. In 2018, the church was recognized as a cultural heritage site of national significance and included in the State Register of Immovable Monuments of Ukraine.
In 1995, the church was returned to Greek Catholics; liturgical services are still held there.
To get there, you need to walk along the side street near the border post.